Discover Brevard and Transylvania County!
Transylvania County is a growing community, popular with people of all ages. We can boast an unrivaled quality of life and thriving entrepreneurial businesses. Visit and you'll see whyRand McNally, the Wall Street Journal and National Geographic Traveler consistently name Transylvania County and Brevard as one of America's top ten places to live, work and play!
- Transylvania County is the home of the Cradle of Forestry, the site of the first forestry school in America, founded in the early 1900s
- More than 50% of Transylvania County is covered by our three parklands: Pisgah National Forest, DuPont State Forest and Gorges State Park
- Our ideal location makes us the Gateway to Outdoor Recreation in the Southeast
- Transylvania County, nicknamed the Land of Waterfalls, is home to over 250 waterfalls
- Transylvania County has the highest rainfall of any county east of the Rocky Mountains
- Transylvania County has the best water quality in the State of North Carolina
- A portion of Pisgah National Forest is considered a rainforest due to its high annual precipitation levels